Learn More about the Protection Program Below
Take control of future mechanical repairs
Volkswagen vehicles are known for quality and dependability, but even the most well engineered vehicles require repairs. Volkswagen Protection Plus Mechanical Breakdown Protection (MBP) covers many costly vehicle components that can potentially fail over time.
Volkswagen Protection Plus MBP offers comfort in knowing your vehicle is protected should an unexpected covered breakdown occur. Simply take your vehicle to any Volkswagen
dealership in Canada or the continental United States, and our factory trained technicians will handle the rest. With several coverage levels, term lengths and deductibles, Volkswagen
Protection Plus MBP can be customized to meet your needs.
Volkswagen Protection Plus MBP is also packed with additional benefits such as 24 hour roadside assistance, a car rental allowance, and a claim-free reward.¹
Ease the burden of future mechanical repairs today with Volkswagen Protection Plus MBP.
1. Available on select 4 Star and 5 Star plans only.
Levels of coverage
5 Star Plan
Supreme protection for total peace of mind. All components are covered except for a select list of exclusions. Available on all new, certified pre-owned and used Volkswagen vehicles.
4 Star Plan
Extensive coverage across the powertrain and many other critical vehicle components that can be costly to repair. Available on all new, certified pre-owned and used Volkswagen vehicles.
3 Star Plan
Essential coverage for major powertrain components on your new, certified pre-owned, or used Volkswagen. Maximum coverage limit of $4,000 per repair visit.
Multi-media software package
With this package, the cost of all Volkswagen recommended software updates to your vehicle’s entertainment and navigation systems are covered (up to $500).
Besides exceptional coverage to protect your vehicle, Volkswagen Protection Plus MBP comes complete with an array of additional benefits, with no deductible.
24 Hour roadside assistance
• Battery jump starting
• Lock-out service
• Fuel delivery
• Flat tire changes (using spare tire)
Reimbursement of lodging and meal expenses if your covered vehicle breaks down while you are on a road trip and repairs last overnight ($100 per day, up to $500 per repair visit).
Replacement car while your vehicle is being repaired ($50 per day, up to $200 per repair visit).
If you sell your vehicle, Volkswagen Protection Plus MBP is transferable to the next private owner.
If no claims have been filed or additional benefits utilized by the time your Volkswagen Protection Plus MBP coverage expires, you may choose from one of the following three reimbursement options:
a. Selling dealer will credit the total amount paid for your contract towards the purchase of a new Volkswagen Protection Plus MBP contract; or
b. A store credit at your selling dealer for the full amount paid for your contract (inclusive of taxes) up to $2,000; or
c. A refund cheque of the amount paid for your contract (inclusive of taxes) up to $1,000.
Contact us, call our toll-free number at 1-866-689-0840, or visit vwpp.ca to learn more about Volkswagen Protection Plus products.
Coverage that delivers peace of mind
Mechanical breakdowns can happen when you least expect them and are often costly to repair. With Volkswagen Protection Plus Mechanical Breakdown Protection on board, you will enjoy:
• The security of knowing your Volkswagen is covered for many common and expensive component failures and mechanical breakdowns.
• Maximized re-sale of your Volkswagen with an extended warranty that is transferable to another private owner.
• 24 Hour roadside assistance to help get your Volkswagen back on the road as quickly as possible.
• Car rental coverage should your Volkswagen be at the dealer for a covered repair.
Typical repair costs
In the event of a mechanical breakdown, a quality repair may cost more than you think.2
- Engine Replacement: $7,835
- Differential repair: $1,585
- Alternator replacement: $530
- Air conditioner repair: $575
- Fuel pump replacement: $545
- Radiator repair: $580
- Transmission replacement: $6,445
- Leaking cylinder head gasket: $1,380
- 4 wheel drive transfer case repair: $670
- Master brake cylinder replacement: $635
- Power window motor replacement: $380
- Airbag assembly replacement: $1,060
Ask Us A Question & Learn More…
Half filled cirlce: A restricted list of components are covered compared to higher levels of coverage.
3. Refer to contract for full details.
Consider these reasons to purchase Volkswagen Protection Plus Mechanical Breakdown Protection.
• Fully backed by Volkswagen Canada Inc. – there is no comparison.
• Lock-in future repair costs with today’s money.
• Make affordable monthly payments.
• Quality new or remanufactured parts for your Volkswagen vehicle.
• Experienced and licensed Volkswagen technicians to perform your repairs.
• Coverage throughout Canada and continental U.S.
• Fully refundable within 60 days of purchase.
• Valuable additional benefits including rental vehicle, 24 hour roadside assistance, and trip interruption commence at time of purchase.
• Fully transferable to next private owner.
• Maximize resale value.
The contents provided in this brochure are only a summary of certain terms and conditions of the contract. Please refer to the actual contract for complete details of coverage and exclusions. The contract may not be available in all Provinces or Territories and specific provisions may vary based upon individual Provincial or Territory requirements.
“Volkswagen” and the Volkswagen logo are registered trademarks of Volkswagen AG.
For every purchase of Volkswagen Protection Plus MBP, a donation is made to the Canadian Cancer Society. With two in five Canadians likely to suffer from some form of cancer in their lifetime, finding a cure has never been more important. Visit cancer.ca to learn more about this worthy cause.