Benefits of frequent oil changes
- Better engine performance, allowing for a smoother, quieter ride.
- Keeps dirt and debris from building up to protect your engine’s vital components from harm. The higher the quality of oil, the cleaner your engine will be.
- Better gas mileage: By improving lubrication, new, clean oil reduces friction that can slow down your engine and have you visiting the pump more often.
- Fresh oil is less likely to burn and better able to absorb particles, making your vehicle pollute less.
- Your vehicle will last much longer on the road if you get your oil changed regularly.
When should you get your oil changed?
The frequency for your oil changes vary greatly depending on the make and model of your vehicle and on the environment in which you drive. Your car’s owner’s manual will tell you exactly at what interval you should get your oil changed. If you are unsure of when you need your oil change, speak to one of our service advisers.
Alternatively, click the link below to view your current VW maintenance timeline for scheduled mileage services, including oil change.
What does engine oil do?
- Maintains engine lubrication
- Cools engine components
- Removes engine wear particles and sludge